Thursday, August 14, 2014

Instruments of the Orchestra

I know these are a bit belated, but I just had to share them.  As you probably already know (those of you who were in Merry Music Makers in the Spring), one of the big things we were learning about was all the instruments in the orchestra and the families they belong to.  We had a variety of musicians come as guests to our class to introduce us to their instruments, and even sometimes let us play them!  Here are a few videos I have from those encounters:

Drums:

French Horn:

Clarinet:

A big shout out of thanks to all of my musician friends who were kind enough to brave our toddler music class with their instruments.  The kids absolutely love seeing, hearing, and learning about all the instruments up close and personal.  These are only a few of the instruments we have learned about.  I plan on reviewing these this fall, and hopefully adding even more instruments to our repertoire.

No comments:

Post a Comment